Back Bay Association Members
- Early Details on Lucie Drink and Dine, Opening This Winter at the Colonnade (Nov. 12, ’19)
Lucie Drink + Dine will open this winter at the Colonnade, bringing global flavors and a top-shelf bar program to the renovated hotel lobby. Click here for more.
- Boston’s Second-Oldest Hotel Has New Owners (Nov. 11, ’19)
Copley Square Hotel, a landmark address on the edge of Boston’s affluent enclave of Back Bay, has traded hands for $67.5 million. The new owner is Hawkins Way Capital. Click here for more.
- Boston Marathon runners have raised more than $100 million for cancer research (Nov. 8, ’19)
Boston Marathon runners who compete on behalf of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have raised more than $100 million for cancer research since they began running to benefit the institution in 1990. Click here for more.
- J.Jill Opens New Store in Copley Place, Boston (Nov. 7, ’19)
Nationally recognized women’s apparel retailer J.Jill has opened in Copley Place, showcasing the latest in their store designs. Click here for more.
- Boston Architectural College Receives Top Rankings among Most Hired and Most Admired Architecture and Design Schools (Nov. 6, ’19)
The BAC’s Interior Design program placed in the top five of ‘Most Hired’, ranking #3 in Group 2 (20 to 39 graduates), and the Architecture program placed in the top ten, ranking #9 in Group 2 (70 to 99 graduates). Click here for more.
- The Newbury Boston emerging out of former Taj hotel in Back Bay (Nov. 4, ’19)
The Taj will redebut in 2020 at The Newbury Boston with a whole new look — as well as a new address, new guest rooms, and 4500 sq ft rooftop restaurant. Click here for more.
- Instagrammers Are Obsessed with Oak Long Bar + Kitchen, The Bristol, Abe & Louie’s (Oct. 21, ’19)
These Back Bay bars have some serious Instagram buzz. Click here for more.
- A first visit to Rochambeau, Back Bay’s sprawling new French cafe/restaurant/bar (Oct. 17, ’19)
The Boston Globe’s Devra First reviews her first visit to Rochambeau, Back Bay’s glittering new French restaurant. Click here for more.
- Check Out These Five Most Luxurious Hotel Suites In Boston (Oct. 11, ’19)
Four of Haute Livings’ five most luxurious hotel suites in Boston are Back Bay Association members: The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, Four Seasons One Dalton Street, Boston, Four Seasons Hotel, Boston, and Mandarin Oriental, Boston. Click here for more.
- This enormous glass sphere represents the entire world, as it was in 1935 (Oct. 9, ’19)
The Washington Post argues that the Mary Baker Eddy’s Mapparium is the real must-see destination when visiting Boston. Click here for more.
- Kings, Oak Long Bar, and Abe & Louie’s Have “Fall Cocktails to Try This Month” (Oct. 9, ’19)
Seasonal flavors of apple and pumpkin — and some warming bourbon — are making a special appearance on the cocktail menus of some of Back Bay’s favorite bars. Click here for more.
- Reinventing Boston’s American Steak and Seafood Grill: Himmel Hospitality Group reimagines Back Bay’s Post 390 (Oct. 9, ’19)
As Post 390 celebrates a decade of service, the beloved restaurant is focusing on evolving with diners’ evolving desires. Click here for more.
- Rochambeau, a two-level French restaurant in the Back Bay, is finally opening this week (Oct. 7, ’19)
Rochambeau, run by the Lyons Group (Sonsie, Back Bay Social Club) is now open with Chef Nick Calais, formerly of Brasserie Jo, at the helm. The bi-level design dream features a bar and dinner menu studded with French favorites, as well as an all-day cafe for incredibly stylish coffee meetings and lunches on the go. Click here for more.
- Fairmont Copley Plaza, The Colonnade, Taj Boston are among CN Traveler’s Readers Choice Favorites (Oct. 7, ’19)
Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards are out and BBA members Fairmont Copley Plaza, The Colonnade, and Taj Boston earned top marks this year. Click here for more.
- The World of Modeling with Patty Grout (Maggie Inc.) (Oct. 4, ’19)
Maggie Inc’s Patty Grout gives tips and tricks to aspiring models. Click here for more.
- Raffles Boston Back Bay Hotel & Residences Breaks Ground (Sept. 30, ’19)
The Raffles Boston Back Bay Hotel & Residences broke ground at 40 Trinity Place. The 33-story tower is the first Raffles property in North America. It is projected to open in 2022. Click here for more.
- 7 Insanely Over-the-Top Flower Decoration Ideas from Event Design Expert Bryan Rafanelli (Sept. 24, ’19)
Back Bay’s Bryan Rafanelli is not only a former White House party planner, but one of the most recognizable names in the business. In celebration of the publication of his new book, A Great Party: Designing the Perfect Celebration, Veranda magazine pulled together seven of their favorite floral decor moments from Rafanelli’s storied career. Click here for more.
- A ‘Modern Global’ Restaurant Will Open in the Former Brasserie Jo Space (Sept. 19, ’19)
The Colonnade Hotel is set to open Lucie Drink and Dine this fall — a year after the closing much-beloved Brasserie Jo — with industry veteran Michael Chandleran, an alum of Grill 23 and Oak Long Bar and Kitchen, at the helm. Details on the menu are forthcoming, but guests can expect a “neighborhood restaurant and bar featuring a modern global menu,” along with a few fun surprises. Click here for more.
- Tom Brady celebrates TB12 Boston grand opening with Zdeno Chara, Charlie Coyle (Sept. 18, ’19) TB12, recently opened at 699 Boylston Street, celebrated with a star-studded grand opening. The new outpost of GOAT Tom Brady’s growing wellness empire offers one-on-one sessions with body coaches, group fitness classes, a smoothie bar, and retail offerings. Click here for more.
- Back Bay office building would rise near Public Garden under revived proposal (Sept. 18, ’19)
The Druker Company plans to redevelop 350 Boylston Street (the former Shreve Crump & Low space) with a nine-story building with predominantly office and retail usage and 150 parking spaces. Pending approvals, construction will start in the third quarter of 2020 and could complete in as soon as 30 months. Click here for more.
- For venture capitalists, Newbury Street is in fashion. Click here for more. (Oct. 20, ’19)
- Lobstah on a Roll is Now Open on Newbury Street. Click here for more. (Oct. 18, ’19)
- Jonathan Greeley Is a Man With a Plan Click here for more. (Oct. 8, ’19)
- DraftKings Expanding Back Bay Headquarters. Click here for more. (Oct. 3, ’19)
- Winnie Couture Just Opened a New Bridal Shop on Boylston Street. Click here for more. (Sept. 13, ’19)