OAK Long Bar + Kitchen is opening its patio with a noticeably new look and new tastes.
The coveted outdoor space on St. James Ave has been refashioned into a stylish lounge; a mix of couches and high-top tables will replace the patio’s former dinner table setup, and a special menu was created for patrons to order from while they enjoy views of Copley Square.
The patio menu will offer Snacks, Summer Sweets, Cocktails, Wine and Beer. Of note:
- Bottled cocktails & meme labels: OAK’s bar team will craft cocktails in house and then bottle for patio service outside. Classic cocktails such as a Gin & Tonic, Margarita, Cosmopolitan, Vodka Soda, and Whiskey Sour will be offered for $15 each. The bottles will have labels with drink-themed memes, because who doesn’t love a good meme? A ‘patio pounder’ bucket of five cocktails can be ordered for $65.
- Did someone say frozen drink machine? A frozen cocktail special that changes daily will be available thanks to OAK’s newest bar toy. Think: Banana Daiquiris and Painkillers.
- Daily Oyster Happy Hour (OMG, OHH!): Ask and you shall receive! OAK is introducing oysters on the half shell (half dozen-$16; one dozen-$29) and the patio will host a $1 Oysters Happy Hour every day from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Booze + Popsicle = Boozy Popsicle: A Boozy House Made Popsicle featuring ghost tequila, pineapple and lime for $10 is on the Summer Sweets menu. Other sweets include a non-alcoholic House Made Popsicle with strawberry, basil and limeade for $5 and an Ice Cream Chipwich for $7.
- Let’s talk about food, baby: Snacks include OAK favorites like the Avocado Crab Toast, Lobster Roll, local Cheese, Burger, and Pretzel Bites. Melt-in-your-mouth Duck Wings featuring soy, gonjang chili and lime for $12 is a new creation from Executive Chef Graham Lockwood.
- At OAK, it’s always WINE o’clock: In addition to cracking open bottled cocktails and craft beers on the patio, you can crack open a selection of quality canned wines. A selection of rosés and white wines, and a pinot noir, grace the list to start, with special attention given to wineries across the U.S.
OAK is developing a patio calendar of events for the summer (stay tuned for more info). Patio parties will be hosted every few weeks, always on a Wednesday night, themed around a specific drink. The patio kick-off party is Wednesday, May 16, from 5 to 8 p.m. and will be hosted by Napa Valley’s Robert Foley Vineyards to celebrate its Hawksbill Rosé release. All proceeds from Hawksbill Rosé purchases during the party will benefit Puerto Rico and USVI hurricane relief. Spoiler: a two-day Whispering Angel patio takeover is coming in June.
“Rethinking our patio concept this year has been the most fun because it allowed us be creative about how to best transform both the design and food & drink for a totally new experience,” said Patrick Mitchell, General Manager at OAK Long Bar + Kitchen. “It was time to modernize, and I hope visitors will appreciate the more playful vibe we are trying to achieve.”
The patio will be open seven days a week with service from 3 to 10 p.m. and is dog-friendly – Carly Copley may stop by to say ‘hello.’ For reservations, please call 617-267-5222.