The Back Bay Association celebrated our 96th Annual Meeting on May 13.
The 96th Annual Meeting of the Back Bay Association was held on May 13 at the John B. Hynes Veteran Memorial Convention Center. Two hundred and fifty Back Bay business, community, and government leaders gathered to network, as well as to hear the announcement of new board members, the awarding of the BBA’s Heavy Lifting Award, and keynote remarks from Mayor Marty Walsh.
New members of the Back Bay Association board are:
- Chris Dalton, Director of Asset Management, Asana Partners
- Michael Fleisher, Chief Financial Officer, Wayfair
- Alan Smith, General Manager, Boston Marriott Copley Place
The Back Bay Association established the Heavy Lifting Award to recognize special and extraordinary work that is done in our neighborhood. This year, we recognized these award winners for their work to help people who are struggling with homelessness, addiction, and mental health issues in Back Bay. The 2019 Heavy Lifting Award winners are:
- Sheila Dillon, Chief of Department of Neighborhood Development
- Captain Steve Sweeney, Boston Police Department D-4
- Pine Street Inn
The Back Bay Association would like to thank the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority for hosting this phenomenal event for our community.