All locations of the Boston Public Library will close until further notice, beginning on Monday, March 16 at 6pm.
In light of developments surrounding COVID-19 pandemic, all locations of the Boston Public Library will close until further notice, beginning on Monday, March 16 at 6pm.
Please note the following:
- All events, classes, concerts and talks taking place at all locations of the Boston Public Library are at this time either cancelled or postponed.
- The BPL will waive overdue fines for our library patrons through May 1st.
- During this time, the BPL is expanding automatic renewals. This will allow people to keep their books and other materials for 15 weeks, instead of the usual 3 weeks.
- The BPL has pushed back library card expiration dates. If your card is due for renewal, you will have until October to renew it.
- The BPL is increasing the limits on accrued fines before an account is blocked. Use of online library services will not be suspended for patrons during this period.
- There will be no foreseeable interruption in digital services, which will remain on line for cardholders to enjoy remotely. In the coming days and weeks, the BPL will increase online services, including ebooks, downloadable movies, audiobooks, and other information resources.
- The Boston Public Library is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of visitors and staff. They will continue to closely monitor the developing Coronavirus situation. Further updates to operating hours will be announced on the website, on social media platforms, and through email.
To access the library’s digital offerings, please click here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Boston Public Library directly here.